2020 International Stallion Nomination Program for Southern Hemisphere Stallions
International Stallions Standing the 2020 Southern Hemisphere breeding season have a nomination due date of December 31, 2020.
Southern Hemisphere Fee Representation
Nomination to the Breeders ’ Cup International Stallion program by subscription of a fee equal to 25% of the amount of the advertised 2020 stud fee as described below.
The nominator hereby represents and warrants to Breeders’ Cup Limited (BCL) that the Nomination Fee listed herein is 25% of the amount of the advertised stud fee for the 2020 breeding season for the stallion listed. If the stud fee is not or will not be advertised, the Nomination Fee for a particular stallion shall be equal to the “prevailing stud fee” established by the farm, syndicate manager or owner for seasons sold to third parties (excluding any nominations sold privately by shareholders in the stallion). As used in this fee representation, “prevailing stud fee” means, in respect of a particular stallion, the greater of (i) the average of all fees received from the sale of seasons to third parties (excluding any nominations sold privately by shareholders in the stallion), or (ii) the most frequently occurring fee amount received from the sale of seasons to third parties (excluding any nominations sold privately by shareholders in the stallion). The minimum Nomination Fee is US$1,000. For purposes of determining the advertised fee only advertisements initiated by and paid by the stallion manager and published prior to December 30 of the year for which the stallion is nominated will be considered. In determining the Nomination Fee from advertisements which offer more than one fee arrangement, only the greater of the fees advertised will be accepted.<
- Stallions must be nominated annually.
- Payments may be made via credit card, wire transfer or check or money order.
- All amounts payable in U.S. currency.
- Foreign currencies will be converted to U.S. Funds at the time of nomination.
- Stallions standing in the Southern Hemisphere are required to pay a nomination fee equal to 25% of their advertised stud fee.
- Stallions standing a dual season in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres are required to pay two separate nomination fees to join the Breeders’ Cup International Stallion program.
- Southern Hemisphere Stallion Nomination fees must be paid in full before December 30, 2020.